Soldier Of Sound: Ravi Shankar


What projects are you currently involved in?
I'm currently involved in Diplomats of DrumBerdosaSkits, The Pale Ones and Logic7. I've sessioned for Brendan De Cruz, Sarah Danielle and Kien Lim. In the past I've played in numerous bands like Sedsuna, Black Velvets and Mesyon Mortem to name a few.

What/who are your main musical influences?
Man, there's too many but at the top of the list are Dennis Chambers, Morgan Rose and Steve Jordan.


What are your weapons of choice?
I use a wide range of equipment depending on gigs but there a few that I use all the time which are my Pro Mark TXR747W sticks, Pearl Sensitone 14 x 5.5 (shoutout to Reza Othman for hooking me up), Tama Iron Cobras and my Istanbul Mehmet 15" and 16" crashes which double up as my secondary hi-hats.

What are you currently listening to?
Currently listening to Russian Circles and sleepmakeswaves. You guys should check these bands out definitely.


Message for young musicians:
For those who really wanna pursue music as a career, I believe you need this formula below:
Passion + hard work + dedication + perseverance + a little humility = great opportunities to live your dream and make a living at the same time.
But at the end of the day, if you just wanna play then go do it man. There are a lot of opportunities/venues nowadays for new musicians to play at as compared to when I was starting out so I don't see an excuse not to do so.


Endorsements:
Was previously endorsed by Remo but not anymore. So if any brands out there wanna hook a brother up, kindly pm tepi.

Labels:
Diplomats of Drum Production


Comments