Soldier Of Sound: Kien Lim


What band/projects are you currently involved in?
Currently I’ve been gigging with either Duo K, which is with drummer Jordan James Scully, or as 59 Wooden Hearts which is modular, so to my fancy and also depending on who is available at the time. It usually turns out to be a duo too as I like the idea of two people creating a big wall of sound!
I also gig solo. Please visit my website www.kienlim.com for info and links. Thanks.

What/who are your main musical influences?
Gillian Welch, Led Zeppelin, The Graveltones, The Black Keys, Hendrix, Deep Purple with Ian Gillan.


What are your weapons of choice?
At the moment I play a modified Fender Jaguar live because it’s the only guitar that’s set up to do what I want. But I have other guitars that will see the light of day when they are set up too; a couple of Gibson Les Paul Juniors, a Fender Jazzmaster, a Gibson ES135. I love them all! Pedals that I use are a couple of EH Micro Pogs, EH Pitch Fork, a Kingsley Minstrel, Fulltone Secret Freq, Xotic EP Booster, Xotic SL, Mini TC Vortex, TC Tuner. Amp is a Ceriatone Champ combo with a 12 inch Celestion Vintage 30, and whatever bass amp the venue has. When I gig solo, it’s usually just any guitar I fancy at the time and a Vox Pathfinder 15R Amp, and maybe the EH Pitch Fork.

What are you currently listening to?
The Graveltones, The Ghost Wolves, Mozart

Message for young musicians: 
Don’t concern yourself with musical trends. Do the music you hear in your head. Do it with your heart and soul. Go out and play live. Be humble. Find your own identity, find your own sound.

Endorsements: 
None

Labels: 
None




Comments