Soldier Of Sound: Yew Joe


What band/projects are you currently involved in?
On guitar and vocals for KL rock band called ZERO. We have recently released our debut EP, "The Way" and we are doing like a mini tour around venues in the Klang Valley to promote the EP. Planning to finish the year by bringing the EP north of the peninsular and play some shows there. Our EP is not available online yet. So come for our shows to get the EP. You can check a track called "Superhero" from the EP on SoundCloud.

What/who are your main musical influences?
RIZE (Japan), Rage Against the Machine and Red Hot Chili Peppers. For guitarists, really love watching/listening to John Frusciante, Nuno Bettencourt and Tom Morello.


What are your weapons of choice?
I don't have my own rig. Normally for live or rehearsals, I will use whatever amp the venue/show provides through my Boss ME-50 Multi FX and that's it. Straight up rock and roll. Nowadays I play a standard Epiphone Les Paul live as it gives me the thickness I need for ZERO's stuff. Dreaming of owning my own Orange Rockerverb Head and Cab one day. Love how crunchy and warm the amp sounds. Used it to track guitar parts on our EP "The Way".


What are you currently listening to?
Canadian Hardcore Punk band, Counterparts and their latest album, "You're not you anymore", RIZE's latest album, "Thunderbolt", Fall of Troy, "OK".

Message for young musicians:
Aim for the sky, be dedicated in what you are doing, treat the scene with respect and leave no room for regrets.

Endorsements: None

Labels: None



Comments

Post a Comment