Soldier Of Sound: Mohd Gheffroysanie


What band/projects are you currently involved in?
I am the main songwriter/vocals/guitars for Glistening Redchair. One-third of Landasan, a community built to support rising local bands. I also have a weird self-indulgent electronic project, but let's not go into that.

What/who are your main musical influences?
James Hetfield and Matt Bellamy really inspire me to play and sing. Rage Against The Machine for heavy riffs, Chevelle for sweet melodies. Nine Inch Nails got me into electronic, which directs me towards ambient stuff like Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, and Swans (although Swans is not electronic and arguably ambient).


What are your weapons of choice?
Currently using an Epiphone SG with JB and 59 pickups, which get smashed a lot already despite only owning it for less than a year, haha. A lot of the dirt in my guitar comes from my Soul Food boosting an overdriven AMT SS-11b preamp. I also use a Mexican Fender Telecaster, but only during recordings (for GRC).

What are you currently listening to?
'I Care Because You Do' by Aphex Twin, the dude's a fucking genius. Also 'At Action Park' by Shellac. So heavy and groovy.


Message for young musicians:
You can choose to aspire for perfection, but you'll be tired, frustrated, bitter, and angry. And that's a good motivation for writing angry songs.

Endorsements:
Blackstar amps, just because.

Labels:
No ketchup, just sauce, raw sauce. 

Comments