Soldier Of Sound: Malcolm Ambrose


What band/project are you currently involved in?
I've been with alternative rock band Skies Are Red for the past 4 years. I also recently started playing for The Endleaves. On the side I'm helping some friends with their projects which is a huge learning opportunity for me. As the creativity in the scene seems limitless, I like putting my hands into anything new.


What/who are your main musical influences?
Well, as a drummer, my main influences would be Jon Bonham, Dave Grohl, and Chad Smith. I guess their flair attracted me the most. They are all very present on stage and make sure they're noticed. And they are always very excited on the drums. Other influences would be the bands I listened to growing up, being born in the mid 90's, I grew up listening to Foo Fighters, Muse, Green Day, Audioslave, Nirvana,  Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance etc.


What are your weapons of choice?
My weapons of choice are usually an MP5 and a Desert Eagle side arm in Call-of-Duty 4. On drums, as I'm growing as a drummer, I'm experimenting with various different combinations of cymbals in search for my preferred sound. So for now that's subjective.

What are you currently listening to?
Currently, I listen to anything and everything. Currently, I've been getting into songs from Guthrie Govan, Richie Kotzen, a bit of Tool...and sometimes I like listening to jazz....Sue me.


Message for young musicians:
Too all young musicians out there, if you're wondering if it's worth your time and effort to pursue your passion. It is. Stop whining. Little shits.


Comments