Soldier Of Sound: Idham Mohamed


What band/projects are you currently involved in?
Currently I'm in a band called 'MIM' (pronouced as meem). We play post-rock/instrumental rock. We started in 2014 and just started gigging in October 2016. Besides myself, MIM is Abby on drums and Kamil on bass. When Kamil can't join us, we get help from Gheff (Glistening Redchair) or Shahir (Margasatwa) on guitars and Paan on bass. I also play for a punk band called Akajita and sessionist for Glistening Redchair.


What/who are your main musical influences?
My first anjakan paradigma in music was in 2005 I guess. When I saw Ham Seven Collar Tshirt performing "Summary" on hitz.tv. Like WTF was he doing, like some kinda DJ manipulating his effects and I was like super amazed. Since that, I started to listen to local heroes like Disagree, Tragic Comedy and One Buck Short. Dulu tak pandai sangat internet, jadi apa yang keluar kat TV itulah yang di dengar. Then bila Kami the Series and Kami the Movie sedang popular, lagi banyak yang mula mendengar local bands. MIM is influenced by Reset To Zilch, Akta Angkasa and Damn Dirty Apes. I think I still lack influences dan masih lagi dalam proses improvisasi.

What are your weapons of choice?
I'm using Squier Telecaster Duluxe lent by Paan since my Epiphone SG was stolen last year together with my multi-effects. For effects, I'm using Kokko overdrive (TS copy), Mooer Black Secret (Proco Rat copy), Nux High Gain Distortion and Zoom G3 for modulation. Thanks to Gheff for selling his Zoom G3 after my effects hilang kena curi. Banyak berjasa, tenggelam dalam banjir pun still functioning. Hahaha.


What are you currently listening to?
Sub:Shaman, Crack Guilty, Cantilever, Elmu Hisab, Aurora, Efek Rumah Kaca, Fourtwnty & The Fridays. Every single of them has their own strength and power nokhorom.

Message for young musicians:
Just play and follow your heart. Hati tidak menipu. Haha.


Endorsements: None. Me is noob. Hahaha

Labels: None.

Idham is part of Landasan, a community that supports local bands.  One of the gigs organised by Landasan is "Rock&Noise", a mix-genre gig with the tagline "Genre is just a term. Let's play music!". Landasan publishes footage of these gigs on social media.



Comments