Soldier Of Sound: Chloe Doyou


What band/projects are you currently involved in?

Besides playing bass for Skies Are Red, I am also in a J-Rock band called PHNX and we are currently practicing for our shows this coming November for FANG at Aswara and Comic Fiesta this December. I am also working on some material with Tiametria; we’ve been gone for way too long. Besides that, I session for other musicians playing other genres of music.

What/who are your main musical influences?
I grew up listening to a lot of heavy music (thanks to my brother), especially Lamb of God, Ozzy Osbourne, and Linkin Park. Besides these guys, I love Queen, Guns N Roses and Led Zeppelin. These bands have definitely made an impact in my life. I also listen to a lot of blues and sometimes jazz music so I like to incorporate that into my playing.

What are your weapons of choice?
I play Sterling SUB Series bass. It’s the only weapon I have now, haha. However, I also play the guitar and when I do, I play my PRS SE 245.


What are you currently listening to?
Dream Theater, because their show is next week! I have also been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac, Heart, The Aristocrats and Andy Timmons lately.

Message for young musicians:
It’s a tough world out there but remember that you’re tougher than they think.

Comments