Soldier Of Sound: Muhammad Haziq


What band/projects are you currently involved in?
I'm currently playing rhythm guitars and sing in The MASH; a Sugar-High Pop Punk band from Subang Jaya. The band currently consists of me, Afir on lead guitar and vocals, Juju on bass and vocals and also the newest addition to the potato family Zika on drums.

What/who are your main musical influences?
I was brought up with 90's boybands and hip hop for the most of my early years. But it was when I discovered Evanescence was the moment that I fell in love with rock and the heavier side of things. But if you want to talk about my main influence that inspired me to form a band and do what I'm doing right now, it has to to be Simple Plan. Been listening to them from 2002 until today their music, sound, stage presence are still one of my favorites of all time. Plus their rhythm guitarist Sébastien Lefebvre is one of my fave guitarists. Fun fact there.


What are your weapons of choice?
My current live setup is quite simple now compared to previous years. For guitars I'm currently using a Fender Telecaster Deluxe Chris Shiflett signature model and an Ibanez RGA32 standard model. I mainly use the Fender as my #1 due to its versatility while the Ibanez has a more aggressive character to it which still fits in perfectly with my playing style. As for effects, I'm just using a Line 6 G70 wireless plugged in to a BOSS GT100 Multi effects. For me, the less knobs on a pedal I touch the better. And for amps, at home I practice using a 75 watt Line 6 Spider combo amp.

What are you currently listening to?
I'm currently hooked on Stone Sour's brand new album "Hydrograd" and also Dead By April's "Worlds Collide". Both great albums. For songs, definitely The Used's "Over And Over Again" has been on loop since the day it's released along with Fightstar's "Sink With The Snakes".



Message for young musicians:
I've always told this to my friends that ask me for advice about being in the music scene: Never give up. Don't get too comfortable. Always remember there are better bands that work harder than you. So keep pushing yourselves. Give 200% towards your music and performance no matter what.

Endorsements:
The band and also me personally aren't endorsed by any company/brand/product. But if there are any that wish to work something out, we're always open for any possible opportunities.

Labels:
Though the band is not signed by any label yet, we do handle everything ourselves under our own team called Extra Gravy Music. If there's any labels that wish to take the risk and sign us potatoes, you're most welcome to drop us an offer and discuss further.


Download "Put Up, Or Shut Up!" on iTunes
Stream "Put Up, Or Shut Up!" on Spotify

Comments