Soldier Of Sound: Brendan Teh


What band/projects are you currently involved in?
The current active ones are Skits and USBCable.  But I've played for various bands in my 15 years of playing the scene. Notable ones: Free Deserters, Like Silver and Ben's Bitches.

What/who are your main musical influences?
I'm a 90s kid. So a lot of my influences are from that era. Ranging from Green Day, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Jesus n Mary Chain to trip hop acts like Massive Attack, Tricky and Portishead.  As you grow older, your influence expands. But I always have a thing for unhinged acts...or bands with a bit of edge to them.


What are your weapons of choice?
Squier Stratocaster Vintage Modified, Green Sovtek Big Muff, Digitech Whammy 5, Boss DD6 delay.

What are you currently listening to?
Wolf Alice. They're brilliant and highly recommended.


Message for young musicians:
Just go out and play. The crowd don't owe you jack shit. It's your duty to perform and entertain and depart whatever message you've got. Even if there's only one fellar in the crowd.

Endorsements:
None.. screw that and come buy my CD..

Label:
Payola Records

Comments